IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services helps top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical issues. As an Application Developer – Mobile: Android, the candidate will deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration, and application design and management to leading sector organizations in 17 industries worldwide. With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, the candidate will learn valuable skills, gain access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities.
Visit http://www.ibm.com/ca/ for more information.
The IBM Interactive Experience (IBMiX) Mobile team develops complete mobile solutions for our customers. The IBMiX's Mobile team is a global leader in providing clients with mobile application development and system integration related services and support capabilities. The Mobile team designs and develops mobile solutions for a variety of device platforms including: iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Mobile. This position is for the IBM iX Mobile team based in downtown Toronto.
Our team is looking for enthusiastic Application Developers with skills in developing mobile applications. Do you live and breathe mobile? Are you that person who sees opportunity everywhere for mobile technology to improve experiences? Can you collaborate and push the envelope to design, develop and implement leading applications for our clients? We want your skills and experience. Bring us your work portfolio and let’s talk!
- Analytical and has proven problem determination skills
- Detail oriented, creative, resourceful and able to work independently as well as part of a larger team
- Experience developing complex rich mobile user interfaces, component and widgets
- Keen eye for details and quality at both the code level and the overall application design
- Proven communicator and enjoy collaborating
- Takes initiative, exhibits creative thinking, has the drive to turn ideas into reality, and have a passion for user experience
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2 years in development experience with mobile native technologies, architecture, frameworks and Application Program Interfaces (APIs) on the iOS platform:
- 2 years in and/or knowledge creating iOS native application using Apple's Xcode development tools and major iOS frameworks using Objective-C
- Familiarity with Apple's device provisioning and developer portal
- 1 year experience in familiarity with Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and App Store requirements
- 2 years in several different solution development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Extreme Programming) and with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- knowledge in common development tools such as Eclipse, Worklight Studio, Rational Team Concert, Android Software Development Kit (SDK), Subversion (SVN), Git
- mobile development technologies such as iOS, HTML5, Hybrid, AngularJS, NodeJS, or Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) Spring frameworks
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- 4 years in development experience with mobile native technologies, architecture, frameworks and Application Program Interfaces (APIs) on the iOS platform:
- 3 years experience creating iOS native application using Apple's Xcode development tools and major iOS frameworks using Objective-C and/or Swift
- 2 years experience in familiarity with Apple's device provisioning and developer portal as well as Instruments and the Xcode debugger
- 2 years experience with Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and App Store requirements
- 4 years experience in several different solution development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Extreme Programming) and with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 2 years experience in other mobile development technologies such as iOS, HTML5, Hybrid, AngularJS, NodeJS, or Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) Spring frameworks
- Work Authorized (Canada)
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Travel Required: Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
- Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position? No
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.