Billions of transactions-- and you'll touch all of them if you join our IT team as an Assistant Vice President, Senior iOS Engineer. Imagine the sheer scale of what we impact every second of every day. Now imagine what you can do with that influence--this is where you can shape the future of payments.
As an Assistant Vice President, Senior iOS Engineer, you'll be a main architect of our consumer iOS native apps helping to lead the entire development process, including the look and feel of consumer applications. You'll participate in hack-a-thons, partner with universities on innovation events, work with our famed Stamford Innovation Station--you'll bring us ideas about how to do things differently. You'll be defining what Software Engineering means here--and how it can affect the entire industry.
It's the ideal time to come aboard--we're focused on the future, continuing to evolve as a company and help define the financial technology industry. With so much opportunity available, this is where you can make your mark.
You're the one we're looking for if you:
- Are passionate about creating mobile software that makes things easier for hardworking families
- Have common sense--can you think through your designs to make sure they're the best? Are a coder who's also a problem solver, capable of creating elegant, testable code that's robust and scalable
- Are ready to be disruptive and interesting in the commerce space
- Can work with product, marketing and project management as one agile team
- Are ready to own your own career and destiny
- Value results
- Have tech chops: Objective-C and iPhone/iPad development background is a must
- Lead a cross-shore development team
Implement new technologies and help developers migrate
- Influence and collaborate to create amazing apps
- Mentor and influence up and down the chain of command
- Participate in Agile scrums with cross-functional teams
- Lead Agile sprints including planning, daily standups, backlog grooming sessions and reviews
- Analyze production defects, troubleshoot systems, identify root cause and implement fixes
- Provide 24x7 on-call support periodically throughout the year
- Work with third party vendors to develop software and/or integrate their software into our products
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum 4 years of experience with application development OR, in lieu of degree, High School Diploma/GED 6 years of experience with native application development using iOS
- Minimum of 3 years of iOS Application Development experience with object oriented design and development patterns
- Objective-C and iPhone/iPad development background
- Experience building and consuming web services via SOAP and REST
- Strong iOS, Objective-C, Swift and UIKit development skills
- Knowledge of watchOS and tvOS are a plus, especially if you've got apps in the App Store
- The ability to weigh the pros and cons of different architectural approaches to writing iOS software (MVC, MVVM, VIPER, etc)
- A history of building apps with external libraries and dependency managers like Cocoapods and Carthage
- Experience with continuous integration environments
- Experience with writing unit, integration, and UI test cases
- Working knowledge of the mobile industry including HTML5, Android, mobile web
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- If currently a Synchrony Financial Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (Level 4-7) or 24 months (level 8 or greater), have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don't meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am-5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.