Auris is a London and Edinburgh based startup that is building a market-leading automatic speech recognition engine for reading. We have been developing our cutting-edge ASR engine in partnership with the University of Edinburgh and have achieved a market leading recognition accuracy level. We have recently secured an investment from the University of Edinburgh’s Endowment Fund, and have office space on the university campus, allowing us to work closely with our academic partners.
We are currently designing an app to aid readers at school level and are seeking a motivated and skilled iOS Developer to join our team. We are looking to launch in the UK towards the end of the year, but have global aspirations that we will be working towards over the next two years. As this is an education product it is highly desirable that you have a keen interest in education and children’s learning.
- 3+ years experience in mobile app development
- Have worked with Swift and are familiar with Swift 3 in particular
- Have built apps that consume remote data in standard formats such as JSON
- Are familiar with frameworks such as Alamofire, AVFoundation, Storekit, Crashlytics
- Have experience with local database storage ideally with Realm
- Understand the challenges of iOS device UI development including retina display, multiple image resolutions, storyboards, auto-layout etc as well as when to use them and when not to.
- Experience of agile project management approaches
- Familiarity with Git source control
- The ability to work with a rapidly evolving product
- Comfortable working as part of a team or alone as the project so requires
- The ability to write clear, concise and well-structured code
- An understanding of the differences between mobile and web UI paradigms and an ability to interpret functions for the best advantage of the user
- Experience with issue tracking tools
- A passion for improving children’s reading outcomes
About Auris / Benefits
- You will be working within a rapidly expanding start-up company where the potential for career progression is likely to be high.
- We offer flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- 21 days paid holiday
- Possibility of working remotely