“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
As an iOS Developer you will be extensively involved in the design, implementation, and testing of the next generation mobile apps for Disney Parks & Resorts. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and testing of new systems, features, and enhancements, integration with new and existing systems.
The ideal candidate will have substantial experience designing, implementing, and testing high quality software solutions by applying the principles of Agile development. This person possesses excellent communication abilities (both verbal and written) and adhering to the standards of quality and excellence that are the core of The Walt Disney Company experience.
- 3+ years of software design and implementation experience, preferably on iOS.
- Disciplined approach to software development, including adhering to and enforcing engineering best practices.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. The candidate will be judged on their ability to work effectively with project teams. The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Objective-C expertise with a proven record of publishing apps to the App Store.
- Swift experience a plus.
- Expertise in package management systems (e.g. CocoaPods and Carthage) a huge plus.
- Expertise in source control systems, preferably Git.
- Experience in creating estimates for small to medium projects.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to create/contribute to robust commercial applications.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Experience with core iOS technologies, including UIKit, Auto Layout, Core Image, AVFoundation, Grand Central Dispatch, ARC, push notifications, and others.
- Strong understanding of common delivery and communication technologies including HTTP, SSL, XML, JSON.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the software development field
This position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.