Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
The Ulta Beauty Mobility team is looking for an Intern Developer who has iOS development experience, passion and enjoys working with a friendly, motivated and engaging team.
- Gain first hand, real world knowledge about the front and back end development required to build and maintain Ulta's suite of iOS native applications
- Shadow lead developers from both guest & enterprise mobility teams
- Participate in requirements & design sessions with business stakeholders
- Assist with delivery of Ulta mobile app releases occurring during the internship
- Evaluate & select from emerging technologies for the options best fitting business needs.
- Work on one dedicated mobile app development project which will be presented to IT & Mobility management team at the end of the internship
SPECIAL INTERNSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
- 1+ years iOS application development experience with solid programming abilities including the Objective C framework; experience with Swift is a plus
- Demonstrated success creating iOS & publishing apps to the Apple App Store; Experience working on iOS apps deployed at scale
- Experience in Apple Push Notification Services, Foundation Framework, Memory Management, and current and detailed knowledge of the capabilities latest iOS APIs.
- Experience with iOS tool ecosystem (e.g. Xcode) for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- Experience reviewing and implementing third party APIs and SDKs into iOS apps
- Experience working XML/JSON and familiarity with REST/SOAP methodologies
- Passion for learning new technologies and eagerness to collaborate with other creative minds
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree and entering Junior or Senior year. Would not exclude recent graduates from Fall/Winter 2017 or Spring 2017.
- Must be able to provide proof of class registration or completion of degree.
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with new tasks changing daily/weekly.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2017
DISCLAIMER – The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.