Sky is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we’re not stopping there. We’re home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there’s plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
As Sky grows, we’re seeking a talented iOS Developer to enable the rapid delivery of high quality, customer focused services to meet and exceed customer experience and usability requirements.
Who you’ll be working with
Based at our world class Leeds Dock campus, which is one of the largest technical hubs in the UK, it’s a strategic location for our business and offers a vibrant place to work.
Our new teams have a real ‘start up’ feel and there’s loads of room for development. You’ll have the chance to use cutting edge tools and technologies to create rich user experiences; all whilst working in an Agile environment.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities
- You fell in love with iOS a few years ago and now live, eat and breathe the platform, whether that’s with a focus on Swift or Objective-C.
- You are competent with native Cocoa Touch frameworks such as UIKit, CoreGraphics, CoreAnimation and CoreData.
- You are comfortable building universal user-interfaces using code, auto-layout and size-classes.
- You are a team player and recognise the benefits of TDD, BDD and Agile principles.
- You love getting involved in all parts of the development process, collaborating closely in a cross-functional team.
- You are creative and keen to push forward internal development through participating in guilds, sharing knowledge and keeping on top of the latest technologies.
- You want to be part of the next stage in Sky’s mobile roadmap. From existing apps with millions of users to groundbreaking new projects implementing the latest features.
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best. If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.