At buddybuild, we believe that getting early and frequent feedback from users is a crucial ingredient to the success of any software project. Our mission is to remove the complexity of building, deploying and gathering feedback for developers building mobile apps.
Our users, like you, are developers! Thousands of them from around the world use buddybuild to build all types of apps - from personal projects to the brands / products that you know and love!
Just a heads up - we care *a lot* about the details. From pixel perfect user interfaces, to clear copy, to the deep thought involved in the hard choices that need to be made in producing software that people love, with elegance and simplicity.
Buddybuild’s investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta and Amplify Partners. We’re also fortunate to have a great group of Angel Investors and advisors!
This position is on-site in Gastown (very close to the Stadium Skytrain station) and candidates must be in or willing to relocate to Vancouver, Canada.
Thank you for taking the time to read our job posting - we hope to hear from you soon!
As an iOS Developer you’ll build the flagship iOS interface to our entire platform, and continue to deepen the feature-set of the buddybuild iOS SDK.
You’ll be largely responsible for developing software that makes our users happy. We’re still a young company, so you’ll play a major role in designing and developing our mobile experiences.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with Objective-C and Swift
- Experience with CocoaPods and other major open source iOS projects
- Experience with modern iOS technologies
- Strong UI and design skills
- 1+ years of experience with iOS development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
Culturally, we’re looking for people who are:
Exceptionally clever: You’re able to distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant solutions.
Able to deliver results independently: Anxious to design, build, and ship solutions on aggressive timelines without compromising
Able to play well with others: Be comfortable in collaborative work environments with solid precise and concise communication skills. We all strive to be humble to actively solicit and incorporate feedback.
Different: We want unique skill sets, methodologies, working styles, and ideas. Up-level an already strong and diverse team and inspire the broader team with your expertise. Look for opportunities to work outside your comfort zone and learn from others.
Ambitious malcontents: Dissatisfied with the status-quo in the world around you and intolerant of mediocrity. Constantly aware of the potential for improvement with a keen desire to help technology play a more meaningful role in people's lives.
What's in it for you?
- A salary with an equity position in the company
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- A very flexible vacation policy
- Your choice of Apple hardware to get you started
- A beautiful office in Gastown
- A lot of learning! We’re a small company where there’s no shortage of different projects to work on
If you’re looking to work with talented engineers, in a rewarding work environment, at a fast-growing company, with the opportunity have impact… we want to hear from you!
Please email us with:
- A PDF of your resume
- a link to your portfolio/GitHub where we can see some of the work you’ve done
- 3 things (typos, new requirements... really anything!) you’d change about this job posting