You’re a passionate developer with some iOS app experience or a background in object oriented programming (C#/Java/C++). You have a thirst for knowledge and learning new skills. You can break down large features into smaller deliverables and work well within a fast paced, agile environment. You're also interested in wearables and the fitness app space. You love the autonomy and teamwork of a small company and would like to help grow the company as you grow your career
About the role:
- Be an integral part of the iOS team to help design, develop and maintain Mio's suite of iOS applications to connect our fitness wearables and cloud services together seamlessly
- Work closely with product management and UX to understand user requirements and break down the work into small deliverables
- Create unit tests for ensuring low level code stability that can be run in a CI environment
- Work closely with QA on risk assessment and test coverage of unit tests
What you'll bring:
- BSc. in Computer Science, equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years working with object oriented development languages (C#/Java/C++)
- Some iOS app development experience
- Apple watch experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Objective-C and Swift
- Knowledge of BLE 4.0 and higher
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Git, TestFlight, iTunes Connect
Why join the Mio Team?
At Mio, we strive to work smart and hard while maintaining a work-life balance that allows us to enjoy ourselves both in and outside the office. Our employees enjoy great perks such as:
- Healthy snacks
- Company paid MSP
- Company paid extended health plans (medical, dental, LTD, Life insurance, vision, EAP, AD&D)
- Performance based bonus plans
- Regular socials
- Dog friendly office!
Mio Global is an industry-leader in heart rate technology with distribution around the world. The company has developed award-winning wearables including the new Mio SLICE activity tracker, as well as advanced technologies such as PAI (Personal Activity Intelligence), a smart and simple heart rate based activity metric that empowers people to manage their own health by optimizing their activity levels. In addition to developing its own devices, Mio is also licensing its technology to other industry-leading brands.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada