Citymapper is looking for iOS developers to join our small team. We work hard to make moving around the city straightforward, beautiful, and fun. Our iOS app
has won several awards including App Store Apps of the Year, and we've been featured in Apple product keynotes and WWDC sessions.
As an iOS developer at Citymapper you'll get to shape the future of the our iOS apps. You'll be working with our designers to develop new features for the apps, finding ways to improve and streamline existing interactions, and making things as fast, stable, and efficient as possible. You'll have an opportunity to work with new technologies like Apple Watch.
Here are some qualities that we look for:
- A love of the product, and the desire to improve a product that makes people's day, every day
- Deep knowledge of UIKit so that you can create complex custom interactions
- Experience with location and sensor APIs, and their interactions with battery life
- Solid Objective-C skills (our codebase is mixed Objective-C/Swift)
- A desire to develop an app with a clean architecture, while understanding when to ship
- A desire to work closely with design & product experts to get the UI right, and to lead design discussions
- Desire to occasionally travel to other cities to experience transportation chaos on the ground, and help us figure out how to help people out of it