The TunnelBear Engineering team is looking for a versatile Software Engineer with a focus on iOS development and an eye for exceptional mobile UX.
This is a full-time salary position based in downtown Toronto.
You take joy in finding simple solutions to complex problems and share our passion for mauling internet access-restriction, digital privacy, and random digital bear humour.
You will own mobile development for a new iOS and/or macOS app at TunnelBear. You will be working with an exceptional team to build a great new interface for our new mobile app, implement new features, and make sure the app is pixel-perfect on as many devices as possible.
We are a small company, so naturally the kind of people who tend to succeed in our team are generalists. You should be comfortable in dabbling with all forms of development, such as an occasional tweaking of our backend API.
- Write clear, concise, and well-tested native Swift/Objective-C code
- Work with the rest of the team to extend our APIs to support your ideas
- Collaborate with the design team to push the limits of mobile UI and UX
- Apply Test Driven Development to grow software that is both beautiful and reliable
- Contribute to design and code reviews; identify best practices for mobile development
- Author the occasional bear-themed pun (optional… sort of)
Skills We Require
- Know the iOS and/or macOS SDK inside out
- Have a passion for Apple platforms and you are committed to building award-winning apps for them
- Have an app published in the AppStore, or have some open-source code we can take a look at
- Have some experience in server-side API development
- Live and die by your tools – whether it’s git, Xcode, vim, Emacs or Sublime Text
- Passionate about mobile UX and can make meaningful contributions to the conversation
We think the Internet is a much better place when everyone can browse privately, and browse the same Internet as everyone else.
TunnelBear wants to bring privacy to everyone with our incredibly simple applications for PC, Mac, iOS and Android.
Our highly accoladed applications have appeared on Lifehacker, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, PC World, TNW, Huffington Post and WSJ.com for making it easy for average users to avoid access restrictions and browse the internet privately. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Toronto, Canada, TunnelBear is available everywhere.
- Casual, fun and creative atmosphere
- An opportunity to add your mark to an inclusive company culture as it develops
- Flexible working hours
- Fully stocked snack cupboards and delicious coffee
- Relax with a movie night or get energized with a ping-pong match
- Choice of computer, tools and accessories
- Full benefits plan with a supplementary health care spending account
- Bike-friendly office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.