Rakuten Institute of Technology Advanced Engineering is looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to help prototype and develop new iOS applications. The successful candidate will need strong system software fundamentals, excellent communication skills, and a desire to turn amazing new technology into great products. Ability to drive initiatives, track issues and prioritize on a daily basis is a requirement. Compared to other Android Software Engineer openings this position puts a stronger emphasis on prototyping and experimentation.
• Working closely with our R&D group to bring new technologies to new or existing apps, features and services
• Quickly prototype new solutions and concepts
• Designing, implementing, testing and documenting new apps and features
• Defining, planning and designing overall system architectures
• Working cross-functionally with other software teams to design and implement APIs as needed
• Debugging failures during integration and regression testing
• Continuously improving existing set of features
• Bachelor degree of Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience in software engineering using Objective-C on either iOS or OS X.
• Deep understanding of core software concepts, including networking, storage/file system, security, memory management, multi-threading, and application life cycle management.
• Experience writing efficient code for an object-oriented environment on mobile devices.
• Excellent debugging skills.
• Experience with GIT.
• Good knowledge of web technologies
• 3+ years of experience in programming for iOS.
• Good knowledge of UIKit and auto-layout.
• Experience with continuous integration systems
• Experience with cloud systems
• Experience with server side programming
English: Business Level (TOEIC 800+)
To Recruiting Agencies:
Recruiters and/or agencies must hold a valid contract for service and obtain approval from Rakuten's Global Human Resources Department on an individual requisition basis in order to submit resumes. Rakuten will NOT bear any costs for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume and (Rakuten) reserves the right to pursue and hire the candidate without any financial responsibility to the recruiter or agency.
Primary Location: Asia and Oceania-Japan-Tokyo-Tokyo