What is the opportunity?
The Technical Lead will lead a team of engineers to build mobile applications as business partners have envisioned. You will work with all stakeholders to design a best in class technology solution that solves a given business problem.
What will you do?
- Research current trends in the mobile application development and create best practices
- Evaluate and select tools and technologies
- Provide technical leadership, clarity and direction for the development team
- Facilitate design/architecture discussions
- Design highly scalable and extensible products
- Create estimates for given tasks/features.
- Contribute code that can be used by junior developers as a model.
- Collaborates with interfacing application teams to design APIs and to achieve effective integration.
- Communicates with senior management and business partners.
- Develops and presents technical assessments and technology roadmaps
- Coaches team members to help develop their technical and leadership skills
What do you need to succeed?
- Extensive experience in designing and developing native mobile applications in a lead role.
- Experience in highly scalable, secure, high usage applications.
- Knowledge of iOS and/or Google app store deployment - knowledge of iOS and/or Android native application development.
- Knowledge of modern dev/ops and automation methods.
- Proficiency in designing and using micro services and other APIs.
- Willingness to work in Agile team environment.
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients succeed. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities and achieving success that is mutual. Visit people.rbc.com
- 4 weeks vacation to start
- Continued career advancement opportunities
- Exposure to strong mentorship and leadership examples
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit, collaborative team that encourages networking
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.