Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
Together, we can be extraordinary
Who we are
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do- they both help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionizing the industry. Split across 5 main offices - London, Porto, Lisbon, São Paulo and Shanghai the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touchpoints, Web, Mobile and Instore. The teams are committed into turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help be part of the experience.
To be part of Farfetch’s Engineering Team as a Principal Engineer - iOS, being a reference for other members of the engineering team and leading a small team of expert engineers into solving some of our most complex engineering challenges.
What you'll do:
- Technically lead a small team of top engineers passionate about solving complex technical problems;
- Be a technical reference and evangelist for the use of new technologies within the domain;
- Engage with other Engineering teams within the domain to ensure the solutions the team is building are fulfilling their most complex requirements;
- Coach and up-skill other engineering team members in complex topics, acting as a reference for engineering standard methodologies within the team;
- Be responsible to help find technical solutions allow large scale teams to work on one iOS app that serves 1 million unique users per month.
Who you are:
- A graduate of a program in Information Systems or a related field;
- 6+ years of iOS development experience. 10+ years of Software Engineering experience is a plus;
- Experienced in defining and implementing complex engineering solutions at large scale for a global audience;
- Expert Objective-C and Swift skills and deep knowledge of the iOS SDK and frameworks;
- Expert in design patterns applicable to native mobile apps and deep knowledge of RESTful APIs;
- Proficient in iOS performance optimization and tools;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with deep
understanding of all different phases, from inception all the way through implementation
and continuous improvement;
- Experience with C/C++ and interoperability with Swift/Objective-C;
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Able to handle multiple tasks/priorities at a time, respond to work with urgency and
- Attentive to detail, with an ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex
information quickly and effectively;
- An excellent communicator in English, with the capability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
Good to have:
- Experience in working in large scale organizations on a multinational level with a multi-
- Experience with productivity tools for large scale mobile teams;
- Experience with Android development;
- Experience in migrating large codebases from Objective-C to Swift;
- Experienced in the Scrum methodology.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships