Morson International is working with one of the largest telecommunication companies in the world. Their R&D Centre in Finland operates its cloud service for smart device users in Europe and we are recruiting talented professionals to join the new team.
One such opportunity is for a Principal Software Architect to join the EU Cloud R&D, to lead the engineering team to architect, scale and automate cloud services to improve user experience for my clients Cloud Ecosystem.
Responsibilities will include:
- Architecting, designing and reviewing globally distributed cloud service.
- Explore emerging technologies, quickly adapt and build PoC.
- Code primarily in Java and Scala.
- Collaborate with the engineering on architecture proposals.
- Take ownership and set direction as needed.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience with high performance, scalable and highly available systems.
- Full stack developer with 10+ years in hands-on server-side development, RESTful services.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS) and deployment automation.
- Expert level in Java programming and Java related technologies.
- Experience in Spring, MySQL, NoSql such as Cassandra, Redis.
- Self-driven, proactive, organized. Able to work directly with your coworkers and customers to figure out objective, focus area, without waiting for assignments.
- Be able to balance short-term and long-term views and made constructive proposals to stakeholders.
Desired skills but not mandatory:
- Experience with Mesos, Docker is a plus.
- Experience in Android/iOS development is a plus.
- Experience in Payment, Streaming, Storage service is a plus.
For more information please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International.