Blue Whale Apps is a boutique app development firm based in South Florida with an amazing work environment and corporate culture.
We are searching for a Senior iOS Developer with at least 3 years experience developing on the iOS platform and several apps available in the iTunes Store.
Blue Whale offers an outstanding and highly competitive compensation and benefits package. We also offer a fantastic work environment, option to tele commute and company perks (we like to work hard and play hard!).
We are looking for the right person to join our team, so if relocating to sunny Florida is an option for you, then read on!
Required Skills For This Position
- Strong Object Oriented Programming Skills
- Experience with iOS Development: XCode, UI Kit, Cocoa Touch and Apple HIG
- Experience with at least one of the following Cocos2D, OpenGL, Unity or other iOS related game engines.
- At least one year of proven and demonstrable iOS experience
- Knowledge of web services, REST APIs
- Strong sense of system architecture as it relates to mobile apps
- Solid understanding of Apple HIG and the latest operating systems, features and APIs
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies, Jira SaaS
- A rock star at debugging and QA own code and delivering nearly bug-free code to QA team
- Experience with version control systems such as Git and Bitbucket
- Experience in publishing apps to the App Store, Certificates, and Provisioning Profiles etc.
- Solid understanding of user interaction concept differences between iPad and iPhone versions of iOS
- A desire to learn, humility and a cheerful disposition
An Exceptional Applicant Will
- Have attended WWDC at least once or in the past
- Have the latest devices (iPhone 4S, iPad2)
- Have experience developing for the Mac platform before iOS, Cocoa etc.
- Have at least 5 years experience in web programming
- Have experience with Apple Push Services (Urban Airship or custom code)
As a Senior iOS Engineer, You will be …
- Interfacing with our Clients to define requirements, estimates and project timelines
- Participating and help to define project scope.
- Involved in the full lifecycle development of the project, from UI/UX Design, Development, Testing, QA, Bug Fixing and Submission.
- Working on internal projects and contributing app ideas for development consideration
- Working directly with the Art Director and Project Manager
- Reporting to directly to the CTO