Dyson are looking for experienced iOS developers to join our new Mobile and Cloud development team in our Malmesbury HQ or Bristol Software Hub.
In 2016 Dyson launched its second connected product, the Dyson Pure Cool Link, which joins our existing 360 Eye robot vacuum cleaner with its companion eco-system, Dyson Link. Dyson Link is our IoT solution to enable Dyson products to work in a connected environment. It includes the key components required to create an exciting connected product experience, from mobile apps, web/CRM integrations and cloud services (provisioning, asset management, message routing, product/app analytics, persistence and scaling).
This team will focus on development of apps and services to support our growing and innovative range of connected products. We are looking for to recruit across a wide range of skill sets within Mobile Application/Connectivity; including Mobile Application Development, UX/UI Designers, Solution Architects, Tech Leads, Project Management, Testing/Quality and Leadership roles to research, design and create mobile applications which will transform the way customers interact with future Dyson products.
- You'll be responsible for developing engaging and robust digital experiences to complement Dyson connected products. The work will be challenging, varied, and will help bring Dyson connected products into the evolving world of IoT.
- Interacting with team including product developers, electronics engineers, embedded software engineers and Cloud developers to ensure our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use.
- Your software will need to interact with Dyson hardware using a range of wireless technologies and visualises "big data" for our customers.
- Your work in scaling solutions to match our growing connected product range and user base will be key to success in this role.
- Help to mentor other members of the team and contribute to system architecture and development process.
- A track record in iOS app development using Objective-C
- A desire to create class leading UX through your apps
- A user of TDD / BDD development methodologies
- Experience writing automated unit and UI tests (e.g. Catch, XCTest & Calabash)
- Familiar with Atlassian tools including JIRA, Bitbucket & Bamboo
- Experience with iOS build tools (e.g., xcodebuild, fastlane & CocoaPods)
- Experience developing native C++ cross platform libraries would be a bonus
- An evangelist for best practice in design, development, test & Agile development
- Inquisitive by nature, you'll be enthusiastic about technology and creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving.
- Your communication skills will lead your engagement with the Dyson team and wider tech community.
- You'll be able to estimate your work and commit to deliveries within an Agile development framework.
- You'll thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing and delivery focused environment
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you'll also enjoy a management bonus, generous leave, life insurance, income protection, and private medical and dental care. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it's an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.