We’re reinventing travel one app at a time and we need your help. Our apps have been downloaded millions of times and featured by the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Boston Globe, Forbes, Washington Post, TechCrunch, USA Today, Macworld, PC Magazine and in Apple TV and print ads. We believe it’s because we’re passionate about crafting the most appealing and useful mobile experiences in the world.
This position is for a Senior Software Developer in the Expedia mobile organization, helping set the tone for our iOS technical direction, mentoring, and leading projects.
We're looking for someone who embodies the following:
- Has a real passion for beautifully designed app experiences.
- Is enthusiastic about Agile development principles including TDD, CI and automated testing.
- Is an expert on Objective-C, Swift and iOS development.
- Is able to build relationships across teams and offices.
- Is able to help develop and grow the team.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Is excited to pick up, learn and run with new frameworks as they are released.
- Loves all aspects of application development, from brainstorming and design to implementation and launch.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience developing well architected software in a fast-moving environment (weekly releases).
- Have released your own personal app or have led with a team on a major app release.
- An interest in contributing to deep product design sessions (though you need not be a visual designer).
- Experience leading teams to successful project launches.
- Experience with git.
- Swift 2 & 3. Objective C, MVVM
- CoreData, SDWebImage, Compact Constraints
- Swifter, XCTest, UIAutomation, LayoutTest, KIF, A/B testing
- Jenkins, CircleCI, Fabric, FastLane
The Expedia Mobile team has offices in Ann Arbor, Chicago, Gurgaon and San Francisco.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.