At Meetup, we bring people together. Every single day, more than 20,000 Meetups take place on a wide variety of topics worldwide. To continue to help these tight-knit communities grow, and to help new ones form, we want you to join our team to help us continuously deploy a lightweight and personal Meetup app.
Senior iOS Engineers are leaders of the team. If you're applying for this role, you excel not just technically, but also in your ability to collaborate with your colleagues. More than other engineers, you take the lead in making architecture decisions, estimating project time frames, and managing sub-tasks. You should be an advocate for standard iOS methodologies, great usability, and exceptional quality. In Swift!
What you get to do with our team:
- Focus on building out the future of the flagship Meetup app using Swift
- Work with API engineers to define how data should be structured and delivered
- Partner with designers to ensure that the app is beautiful and that it's aligned to iOS platform conventions
- Take critical engineering decisions by defining the app's features with our product team
This is why you're an engineer:
- Experience developing a quality iOS application from conception to App Store launch
- Dedication to the company's core mission of cultivating local community worldwide
- A deep understanding of all of these areas on iOS: networking, storyboards, XCTest, and Swift
- A love of good software and design
Bonus points for:
- Working knowledge of standard mobile web methodologies, Realm, and/or AlamoFire
- Launching on the App Store using Swift!
- Shipping multiple apps seen by millions
- Leading and mentoring engineers
- Organizing local meetups
If this sounds as exciting to you as it does to us, please send us a few examples of apps you've worked on for further consideration. We can't wait to hear from you!