At Yelp, the Biz Core team empowers developers to quickly get high-quality features into the hands of our users. To make this happen, we build components shared across teams, maintain infrastructure for testing and releases, and promote best practices across Yelp's developer community. Engineers on Biz Core make changes that impact entire apps and teams in offices across the world.
We are an agile team that helps to create an amazing experience for millions of Yelpers. For us, solving a problem includes working with our peers to design a solution they want to use and finding a way to roll it out in constantly-updated apps with millions of users. If you're passionate about maintaining a top-tier development ecosystem, you'll fit right in.
Our Hamburg office is located in the heart of the city and brings with it the unique advantages of booming international teams, all of whom share the same floor and are brought together by the same goal: empowering Yelp's business products.
What You Will Do:
- Design and implement new tools and frameworks that will improve the development process for dozens of iOS engineers
- Think holistically about the health, structure, and performance of our iOS apps and find ways to improve them
- Mentor other engineers and share the best practices you've learned
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us tackle brand new challenges
- Be a key part of the larger iOS developer community at Yelp
What We Are Looking For:
- Mastery of the iOS platform (Objective-C or Swift, preferably both)
- Strong experience with iOS testing, from breaking controller logic into unit-testable pieces to automated UI testing
- Experience automating iOS builds and releases with tools like Jenkins, Unix shell scripting, xcodebuild, and Fastlane
- Pointers to past mobile applications you've built
- Excellent English communication skills, German not required