Jet needs a Senior Mobile Software Engineer (Android OR iOS) to help transform last mile delivery.
About the job
You will be working on a high visibility project where mobile will change how customers receive their deliveries. No one has done this before, no one else can do this.
You will have an unparalleled opportunity to build apps which will have a worldwide impact. Both in our organization and across millions of customers.
You participate at all stages of design and building of new applications and implement new features for apps used within transportation.
You have experience writing native code for Android devices using the Android SDK (ideally Kotlin) AND/OR for iOS devices (ideally Swift) to build great looking, user friendly, fully featured mobile apps.
Experience with distributed systems in a cloud environment a big bonus.
User first: User experience will be a priority and you will have a strong product sense paired with the vision to translate product goals into high quality shippable code to create a truly delightful mobile experience.
Collaborative: You will work closely with our product, design and QA teams to spec, build, test and deploy new features.
Open minded: Engage in our collaborative philosophy by being an active member in the Mobile communities.
You have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
- Drive innovation and advocate for clever approaches and new technologies within the team and the Transportation organization as a whole.
- Hands-on experience – including implementing custom renderers, custom controls for Android devices and iOS devices.
- Experience in working within a mobile software development team through the process of building and releasing an app to the App Store and Play Store using Android and/or iOS
- A strong technical background, with deep understanding of system design and a microservices architecture.
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things to the next level and a passion for adopting the latest features in native code for Android and iOS
- Azure, AWS or any cloud development experience
- Working within a global team and the ability to mentor junior team members
- Open Source contributor with strong communication skills and a positive attitude
Jet’s mission is to create the best e-commerce experience in the world that can only be backed by cutting edge technology. Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies to perfect a revolutionary pricing engine that will help customers save money on nearly everything. Not only are we focused on finding the lowest prices, we are also invested in reshaping the world of e-commerce.
At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. We believe that it is this culture that has allowed our engineers to thrive and work brilliantly.
We believe that the best engineers are the ones who have a willingness to share knowledge, a desire to learn and most importantly a passion for all things technology.