Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and test new and/or modify existing native mobile applications in languages such as Objective-C, Swift, and Java utilizing the Android framework, etc.
- Handles migration of applications from mainframe languages to native mobile languages to meet business and technical requirements
- Analyzes the technical and business requirements, including functional and non-functional requirements, to develop a systems solution
- Works closely with business partners to understand business requirements to design quality technical solutions that align with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards
- Conducts various proof of concepts on new technologies and work with senior architects to develop recommendations that align with State Farm's IT strategy
- Provides system software support for State Farm native mobile applications and components
- Maintains a current understanding of how technology can enhance and offer a range of solutions for business partners
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market; improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset
- Develops and utilizes a working knowledge of industry leading native mobile development skills tools, processes, applications, environments and programming language(s) to complete assignments
- Develops, tests, debugs, documents, maintains, and supports native mobile applications/components
- Performs and/or leads tactical work, contributes to strategic work (creating new or modifying existing applications/tools to meet technical specifications or business needs) and coordinates team activities as needed
- Develops and demonstrates an understanding of the State Farm organizational structure
- Develops detailed specifications for less-complex assignments
- Handles and resolves routine problems
State Farm is seeking an iOS mobile developer. The selected individual will work with B2E and B2C applications and is responsible for cross-area communication with other mobile developers.
Preferred Skill Sets:
- Object Oriented Programming
- Ability to navigate xCode
- UI Development
- Ability to use CoreData
- SDLC (including all aspects of testing)
- Agile Development
This position will have an 18-month incumbency period for a lateral move and a 6-month incumbency period for a promotional opportunity (beginning on the effective date of the position) which must be met before the employee can post for any other State Farm position. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.