Duolingo software engineers develop next-generation education technology that changes how over 120 million people around the world learn. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas in computer science, including natural language processing, machine learning, large-scale system design, and iOS & Android mobile app development.
As an iOS software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Duolingo's needs, with opportunities to switch teams and projects as our fast-paced startup grows and evolves. You will develop applications primarily in Objective-C and Swift.
We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to innovate.
- Collaborate on software projects with product design and backend aspects
- Develop, release, and maintain native iOS applications
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- A solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Some programming experience in Objective-C and Swift
Exceptional candidates will have
- 5 years of programming experience in either Objective-C or Swift
- Strong technical knowledge of iOS mobile application development for iPhone/iPad using Objective-C/Swift with Cocoa Touch and related frameworks
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
Duolingo is the world's largest online language learning service. Our apps were selected by Apple as "iPhone App of the Year", and by Google as "Best of the Best for Android," 2 years in a row. TechCrunch selected Duolingo as the Best Educational Startup in their annual awards. Unlike other online education platforms, Duolingo is a completely digital experience, meaning it requires constant interaction and is native to computers / mobile platforms.